Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day

Today is the day to remember and honor those who have given their lives for the ones we live today. I am reminded of John 15:13 "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends." And that is really what memorial day is about; honoring those men and women who loved their country and their people enough to lay down their lives.

The speaker at the memorial day service I went to today spoke about terrorism and killing the bad guys and working together to protect the greatest country in the world. That's not what today is about, and it made me sad. Now I'm not going to question the speaker, he's a decorated Naval offiver who has many successfull missions under his belt, and he has seen many things that I'm sure I could never dream. But memorial day is about remembering the love those soldiers had for me, and my family, and how they paid for my freedom.

Just something to think about on this day of reflection.
-God Bless America <3

No comments:

Post a Comment