Thursday, June 16, 2011

Changes

I haven't written in awhile becuase a lot has been going on in my life right now; maybe not physically, but emotionally.

I recently told my family that I have come to a relationship with Christ. They would be glad of this, but this relationship does not include the religion the participate in. I am struggling becuase I have this wonderful light in my life now, but I'm not really allowed to share it with the ones I love. What do you do when you have proof and assurity that the choice you have made brings so much happiness, but the ones you love see it as the worst choice you could possibly take? My brother won't even talk to me about his own beliefs now that he knows I don't believe the same as him. Anything I bring up is seen as misunderstanding or lies.

I'm pressing on and John 14:27 gives me comfort.

"I give you peace, the kind of peave that only I can give.It isn't like the peace that this world can give. So don't be worried or afraid."

Everything is in the Lord's hands and all we can do is trust Him and do His will.

No comments:

Post a Comment